Tuesday, October 9, 2012

30 Day Challenge

So when I started this blog, some of the things I wanted to achieve included more strategic closet organization and maximization of what was in there.

With moving across the country and putting some stuff in storage, I felt like things were just really cluttered in my wardrobe. But then I realized that this could be the perfect time to sort through everything since I had a smaller section of my stuff. However, I did bring most of my closet. I left behind most sandals, wedges, shorts, tanks, and anything too "summery."

Nonetheless, I decided to proceed with what I have. Jessica over at Here (and) Now did something similar and inspired me to get started.

I feel that I if I have a more structured view of what I have, I will be able to have more clarification on what I can wear. I hate the feeling of looking in my closet and feeling like I have nothing to wear! While I clearly know I have more than plenty (as you will see), I don't always have a confident idea of what I can put together.

So here is the challenge to myself: Inventory my closet, wear 30 different outfits over the next 30 days, and most important, starve my shopping addiction for the next 30 days. 
(Boy is this going to be a long 30 days)

I already have a predominantly organized closet. Everything is separated into the categories (like the inventory states below) and then color coordinated. When I say I want to attain more intentional closet organization, I mean I want to have stronger organization for pairing things together. That way, I don't come up with a blank stare when looking at my closet. So this starts with an inventory. This is an inventory of what I currently have with me in Missouri. I have a few boxes in storage of my summer/spring stuff.

Tops
Tank Tops: 44
Vests: 14
Short Sleeve Tops: 72
Long Sleeve Tops: 53
Sweaters: 43
Blazers: 10
Heavy jackets/coats: 7

Bottoms
Jeans: 26
Pants: 11
Skirts: 10
Dresses: 39

Accessories
Belts: 17
Scarves:  13    
Necklaces: 70
Watches: 8

Shoes
Flats: 23
Pumps/Wedges: 10
Boots: 11
Athletic shoes: 4


The next step is to stop shopping and start crafting 30 outfits! 
I better get started!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ridiculously jealous, honestly. I tend to keep my closet fairly paired down, but that occasionally leads to me wishing I hadn't gotten rid of something. (Those red jeans from 4 years ago that I thought I would "never wear"? I would SO put those on now)
    I own two pairs of jeans. I wish I could even own a fraction of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just reading about someone who bought red jeans several years ago and was embarrassed to wear them until now! Funny how fashion trends are...
      I worked in a denim retail store for almost two years where I got a killer discount and thats where the majority of my wardrobe is contributed to. If I had not worked there, my wardrobe would be about a third of what it is.
      My problems is that I have too many "trendy" pieces and not enough "staple" pieces to tie them all together!

      Delete

I love reading each & every comment! Thanks for your thoughts :)